Aweber form

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Baby Boomer Entrepreneurs, What You Can Learn About Twitter From Teen Entrepreneurs

Are you confused about how to use such social media platforms as twitter and facebook? Are you wondering how to keep your friends easy to follow and yet looking to follow and make new friends, then let me introduce you to Stanley Tang.

Stanley is a teen entrepreneur who has some insights on these subjects. He recently found a video by another teen, Min Xuam, that he thought was so good he decided to share it on his blog. It is called “How Twitter changed my life”. It isn’t the only strategy for how to used twitter and facebook, but it is a great strategy. This slide show, How Twitter Changed My Life, is well worth the time.

I was most impressed with the suggestion that you tweet not about what you are doing but what has your attention. This is a massive revelation for me. It really helps me understand why I love reading certain tweets and why others do not capture my interest.

Twitter is probably not a fad. Even if it is a fad, we baby boomer entrepreneurs must learn to effectively communicate with our markets. Teen entrepreneurs are creating new tricks for us old dogs to learn. Let's keep on learning so we can stay on the porch with the big dogs.


You can follow Stanley on twitter at @stanleytang, Min Xuam at @minxuam, and even me at @
ShallieBey
. You can get a free twitter account by going to www.twitter.com .

Shallie Bey

2 comments:

Sacramento Weddings said...

I can't really endorse Twitter (or Facebook) because its (historically) been the domain of teenagers like my daughter....lately the demographics have been changing to an older audience....I would consider using them if my business needed an extra boost (I don't really need any more business than I already have).

Marylyn Brennan said...

I really like your blog. There is so much useful and pertinent information in here. Baby Boomers are a generation that was created to excel whether in business or life in general.Many of my clients are baby boomers. They have the experience and confidence that helps them achieve great success. Having your info will just increase that success!
Marylyn